Second Time Bankruptcy And Income Tax

2010-01-05   minute read

Hello,  The Trustee must complete all income tax returns for previous years in which you have not yet filed.  In addition, the Trustee must file your income tax return for the year in which you are filing for bankruptcy.  The Trustee will retain you income tax refund for these years, if applicable.  In subsuquent years you would file your own tax return and retain the refund, if applicable. You will continue to receive your child tax credits. Brad Milne, CIRP Trustee in Bankruptcy Brandon, Manitoba

Consultation icon