Bankrupty Of Ex Spouse

2010-04-15   minute read

 A creditor generally has the right to come after a co-signer if the creditor has not been paid. This is the case even if you paid your share to your ex-husband but he did not forward those funds to the creditor.I would suggest you call the creditor and advise of the situation and hopefully they will settle the debt on compassionate grounds. If they are not willing to settle the debt on satisfactory terms, you may wish to consider filing a consumer proposal or an assignment in bankruptcy. Please call one of offices to discuss your alternatives and their respective advantages and disadvantages. Marvin Zweig MNP Richmond Hill Direct Line 289.695.4388

Consultation icon