Government Grants For House Repairs

2009-06-19   minute read

The answer to your question is going to depend on the Alberta legislation governing the type of grant you are looking for. If you know the name of the grant, I would "google" it.  Inside the criteria for the grant, it should tell you if a bankruptcy would affect the application or not. If you don't know the name of the grant, I would go to the Alberta government website and search for home repair grants.  Once you find the grant, again search the criteria to see if the bankruptcy will affect your application. Of course, this all assumes that your husband is on title to the house and therefore a co-applicant of the grant.  If the house is solely in your name, his bankruptcy should have nothing to do with it. Good luck with your application. Donna Carson, CGA, CIRP, Trustee 1.877.500.0792

Consultation icon